- Period blood can interfere with the sample. Make sure that you are NOT on your period.
- It is normal and not cause for concern if you notice a slight discharge of blood on the swab.
- DO NOT spill the liquid in the collection tube. If you do spill it, discard and request a replacement tube.
- DO NOT lay the swab tip down or touch any other surface once it is removed from the packaging. If you do, discard and request a new swab.
- Small items may pose a choking hazard.
- Store at room temperature (60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit).
- If you are pregnant, talk to your healthcare professional before using this collection kit.
- If the collection tube liquid comes in contact with eyes or skin, wash with water. Contact your healthcare practitioner if irritation develops.
- DO NOT ingest.
- Register your kit and collect your sample using the collection instructions within 10 days.
Test Kit Collection InstructionsQuick and easy, at-home testing. Here’s how it works:
- Register your kit using your unique activation code located on the vial and on the inside of the kit box lid. (Be sure to collect and return your sample within 10 days.)
Prepare to Collect Your Sample
- Undress from the waist down so you can easily collect the sample without contaminating the swab.
- Wash your hands in warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Open the box flaps and locate the swab and tube. Carefully set the tube aside.
Collect Your Sample
- Partially peel open the swab package (as shown in diagram 1). Remove the swab, being careful to not allow the tip or the swab to touch anything. If the soft tip is touched or the swab is laid down or dropped, discard the swab and request a new one at MyPathAdvantage.com.
- Hold the swab in your hand with your thumb and forefinger in the middle of the swab shaft covering the score line (as shown in diagram 2). DO NOT hold the swab shaft below the score line.
- Squat slightly and gently open the folds of the skin at the vaginal opening.
- Carefully insert the swab about 3 inches into your vagina being careful to not touch the skin outside of the opening.
- Slowly rotate the swab in full circles touching all the walls of the vagina for 20 seconds so moisture is absorbed on all sides of the swab tip.
- Carefully withdraw the swab without having the swab touch the outer skin surface.
If the soft tip is touched, the swab is laid down, or the swab is dropped, request a new
Swab Specimen Collection Kit here.
Swab Specimen Collection Kit here.
Store Your Sample
- While still holding the swab in one hand, unscrew the cap from the tube (as shown in diagram 3).
- DO NOT spill the contents of the tube. DO NOT touch the swab tip to any other surface. If the tube contents are spilled or the swab tip touches something else, discard it and request a new one at MyPathAdvantage.com.
- Immediately insert the swab into the tube so that the score line is at the top of the tube (as shown in diagram 4).
- Carefully snap the top part of the swab shaft off at the score line and discard (as shown in diagram 5). The bottom part of the swab should still be in the tube of liquid. You may discard the snapped-off portion.
- Tightly screw the cap onto the tube (as shown in diagram 6).
Pack and Mail
- IMPORTANT Complete and return the included Laboratory Requisition card with your specimen.
- Place the specimen tube in the biohazard bag provided in your kit.
- Seal the biohazard bag and place in the original kit box along with the Laboratory Requisition card.
- Close the box and place it in your prepaid shipping bag.
- Seal the shipping bag and place in your mailbox or any USPS box no more
than 2 days after collection.
Your clinician will contact you with your results shortly.